Sources of Information We Collect
We collect information about you from various sources, including the following:
- Data provided by you: We collect any information you knowingly provide us, including information contained in e-mails other messages that you send us, including through our contact / support forms, checkout form, etc. If you provide us with information of third parties, you hereby represent and warrant that such third parties have given their informed consent to processing and use of their personal information in the manner permitted by this Policy. You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from and against all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, penalties, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney and professional fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with any claim by any third party.
- Technical information: We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device used to access the Service. This may include IP address, the type of browser, system and language, date and time of visits, the type of internet service, location (including GPS location when made available to us), the pages visited, and the way of interaction with ads and other types of content.
- “Cookies” – data files, which often include a unique identifier, sent to an internet browser or application and placed on a computer or mobile device in order to store certain information. We may use both session cookies (which expire once the web browser is shut down) and persistent cookies (which stay on the device until deleted). Some of the content included in the Service may contain and send cookies to your computer or mobile device. Usually you can set your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being received; this may, however, interfere with the use of the Service by you. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, refer to your browser’s help section. We also use Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Hot Jar and other similar products to obtain anonymous aggregated usage data. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- “Log Files” – when you use the Service we may track and record actions occurring on the Service and collect certain technical data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, click data and types of advertisements viewed.
How We Generally Use the Information
We use the information we collect, first, to provide you with the Service. We put together all the information available to us to maximize the relevance and quality of the Service. For example, we use the information that we collect in order to:
- dynamically prepare content that you see;
- remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site;
- provide personalized content, and information to our users;
- monitor and improve the effectiveness of the Service and our marketing;
- monitor aggregate metrics and statistical information regarding the Service and the users thereof;
- diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers;
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
We also use the information we collect for purposes of administering and expanding the Service, providing customer service and making available other sites and services to our users and prospective users.
Communication with You
Occasionally, we may also use your contact information to contact you and notify you about important changes to the Service, new services and special opportunities we think you will find valuable, on our behalf and on behalf of our partners and affiliates. We may contact you through email, the Service and other similar channels. By providing us with your contact information you consent to our use of such contract information to send you such communications. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive promotional email communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking “unsubscribe” in the message.
Personally Identifying Information
The Service is not designed and not intended to store, process, or use any Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”). YOU ARE REQUIRED, AND YOU HEREBY UNDERTAKE, NOT TO INPUT, POST, UPLOAD, STORE OR TRANSMIT ANY PII TO THE SERVICE. The information you provide us as part of your registration and other communication with us, may include your own PII, which is information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate or otherwise identify you. We do not collect PII except when provided voluntarily by you. We do not rent, sell or disseminate PII to third parties without your consent, other than:
- disclosure to our employees, consultants, contractors, service providers and suppliers. Such disclosure is normally subject to the recipient’s undertaking of confidentiality obligations and the prevention of any independent right to use this information by the recipients, except as required to help us provide the Service.
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, whether or not a response is required by applicable law;
- to enforce an agreement or to protect our rights;
- with any of our parent, or affiliated or successor entity;
- to consummate, and as part of, any asset sale, transfer, merger or liquidation.
You may choose voluntarily whether or not to provide us with your PII. You may request access to all your voluntarily-provided PII that we collected online and maintain in our database by sending a written request to email@example.com.
Use of Non-Personally Identifying Information
We may provide to third parties certain information about you without identifying you as an individual. We do this for purposes such as (1) providing statistical and aggregated data to researchers and other data consumers; (2) analyzing how the Service is used; (3) diagnosing and resolving technical problems; (4) maintaining security. We reserve the right to use and disclose any anonymized information at our discretion.
Deactivation and Deletion of Your Information
If you want to delete or remove your PII stored with us permanently, you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Delete my Information” in the subject line and your full name and e-mail address in the body of the e-mail. We will respond to your request in a timely manner, normally within thirty (30) days. Upon such request, we will make our best efforts to remove all your PII from our database. However, please note that some information may not be deleted from all databases and backup records. We may also retain certain PII for customer service, legal and similar purposes. We reserve the right to keep all non-PII and continue to use such non-PII in accordance with this Policy after the termination of your account and deletion of all your PII.
We use industry standard measures to ensure the security of all information, including the use of passwords, firewalls, encryption and remote servers, and routinely evaluate our practices to identify security threats or opportunities for the improvement of our Service. However, no transmission of information is guaranteed to be completely secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise information security. You acknowledge and agree to assume this risk when communicating with us.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register to the Service. If you are under 13, please do not use the Service and do not send any information about yourself to us. No one under the age of 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us promptly at email@example.com.
By using the Service, you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as described in this Policy. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by placing a post regarding those changes on the website of the Service or by other means, as per our sole discretion. We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes to this Policy are binding and effective when they are posted on this page. To the extent that the Service has your e-mail address on record, we may use this to inform you of changes to this Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, our information practices, or your dealings with us, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: 1 February 2019